UPDATED March 2020
Please refer to the ABOUT US page
All warranty periods commence from the date of sale, not the date of manufacture.
A significant point of difference is our HeatCo in-house warranty management.
All product warranties are administered and supported by HeatCo and we operate a very robust returns policy. If what you got is clearly not what we sold you, then your money back.
Because our products are among the highest quality in their categories, our warranty claims % is actually very low. As we manage all warranties in-house HeatCo will quickly attend to your warranty claim. HeatCo does not just refer a claim to on to the manufacturer to manage as is common elsewhere.
WARRANTY TERMS & CONDITIONS
1. Please refer to the specific warranty exclusions detailed within each product listing under the INSTALLATION information link.
2. Products are required to be installed by suitably qualified personnel as required by the manufacturer and relevant New Zealand/Australian Wiring Regulations.
3. Products must be used for the purpose designed and intended and in accordance with the manufacturer's operating instructions (for example; using a fan heater as a cooking appliance will void the warranty).
4. We require either proof of original purchase or the completed warranty card.
5. Warranties exclude the electrician's costs of changing/swapping hardwired products.
6. Warranty claims require a prior inspection in-situ at the direction of HeatCo by suitably qualified personnel (normally only requires the customer sending us a photo).
7. All warranty claims will be settled by way of either repair, replacment or refund and this decision is HeatCo discretion.
8. Where we supply a replacement, we may require that the original product is collected prior to despatch of the replacement. We require that the customer prepares the item for return shipping. This can include wrapping and fixing shipping labels prior to us arranging collection from you.
9. Where we decide to refund the original purchase instead offering a replacement, we will pro-rata the amount refunded with the time remaining under the original warranty.
HeatCo are happy to accept product returns for exchange where the customer has changed their mind, as well as meeting our obligations under Australian Consumer Law (ACL).
Unless pre-agreed with HeatCo in writing prior to purchase, we charge a 20% handling fee + the return freight costs.
This fee is necessary to cover either:
(i) Warehouse handling and pre-resale quality assurance checks.
(ii) HeatCo carrying the risk for non-inspected product that we arrange to be shipped direct from you to the next customer.
In the unlikely event that our product representation is proven to be clearly inaccurate, HeatCo will accept the goods for return and provide a full refund including paying the return freight.
PRODUCT RETURN CONDITIONS:
1. Product must be in their original packaging and be undamaged.
2. Product must not have been installed.
3. Product must include all the original installation and operating manuals.
4. Product photographs must be provided to HeatCo.
5. Prior to issuing a refund, HeatCo requires confirmation that the goods being returned have been despatched/collected.
All refunds on returned product must be processed and paid direct into an Australian bank account.
We do not process any refunds back through PayPal to your credit card.